Friday, September 28, 2012

Mandan, ND Postcard



This is another of the postcards I bought in July at an otherwise disappointing "estate sale".

I love this hand tinted view of "Main Street, Looking East, Mandan, N.D."

I think the most striking thing about this old postcard (besides all of the horses on Main Street!) is the very tattered looking flag flying above the town.


 This postcard is not dated, but most of the rest were postmarked from between 1890 and 1920, so I assume this is from somewhere in that time frame.
 
To see more wonderful postcards from around the world, visit "The Best Hearts are Crunchy" - and join us for "Postcard Friendship Friday"!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the old main street cards that have horses instead of cars in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scenes of days gone by in towns and cities. How things have changed.

    ReplyDelete