Saturday, October 15, 2011

Curt Teich Postcard Folder - Postcard Friendship Friday


I was at the Goodwill Outlet store yesterday, getting ready to leave. The workers were bringing out one more group of bins ... of course I had to stay to look them over.

Because we are not allowed to "shop" until all of the bins are in place, I glanced through the bins only. And saw ... POSTCARDS!!!

I parked in front of that particular bin, and noticed there was another lady doing the same thing.
We eyed each other, knowing this was "competition".
I pretended to be interested in something in a nearby bin ...
So did the other lady.

Finally the "OKAY"! I held back, waiting for the competition to make their move.
Then I reached for the postcards. SCORE!!!

Turns out the "competition" didn't give a hoot about the postcards - she was reaching for the sewing supplies.

This postcard folder is what I scored (along with a second one I will post about in the future).


From what I can tell, it is a "postcard folder" from the 1940's by Curt Teich & Co. out of Chicago.


On the inside of the folding envelope style postcard folder are nestled 9 cards - with 18 views of fishes of Hawaii - found at the Waikiki Aquarium.

I have never heard of "postcard folders" before ... it looks like I will be doing a bunch more research!

To see postcards from around the world, be sure to visit Beth over at "The Best Hearts Are Crunchy" - and join us for Postcard Friendship Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I have found lots of postcard folders over the years. I have never seen the one you shared. As for your"competition" I would have been torn between the postcards and sewing supplies. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Clytie,

    Thanks for hopping to my blog for the FPP. Strange how certains things happen and we discover things when we less expected it such as you with your bins and suddenly Postcards.

    This fishes Hawai have so lovelies colours that give the will to travel and dive in the middle of all those divine fish in a perfect and clear ocean.

    Nice to have seen your card !

    Wish you a nice day


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific fish. I hadn't heard of a postcard folder before. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous, Sissy! I LOVE them! I would have done the same thing. (grin) I loved your story, too. I've never seen postcards like these folded ones--they're wonderful!

    Great find, Sissy!

    ReplyDelete